Open and thoughtful minds are the norm with a progressive spirit that invigorates all lives.~~
NUMBER 6
ATTRIBUTES AND ENERGIES OF THE NUMBER 6
Connects above and below, reconciliation, intellectual creativity, discrimination, imagination, union, love, perfection, ability to use the imagination and the intellect combined, relatedness, taking responsibility for choices.
Nanas birthday June 1st
GB June 23
THE MONTH OF JUNE
June is the 6th month of the year and breaks down to the number 6 in Numerology. 6 is considered a very 'magnetic' energy. 6 is the number of nurturing and family, and June is a good month to take a fresh look at your home, family and relationships. How is your marriage doing? What could you do to improve it? How are you getting along with your children, your parents, your siblings? June is an excellent month to clear the air and solve problems with family members or other close relationships. If there is any discord, now is a good time to sit down and have a good chat and look at ways to bring peace and harmony to the family. Send flowers, get tickets to the movies, or just make that long overdue phone call. Your efforts have extra power in the month of June, because 6 is conducive to healing on all levels.
Roomed with Jeff from Taiwan && Renee from ...
12-29-14
Solene from France read my tarot. :}
Amy played Claire de lune on the piano while Kevin the brave soul who is camping in a tent played classical guitar.
Her voice is so beautiful && raw.
Such a beautiful experience from the staircase where I was sitting.~~|,
12-30-14
Started off the morning doing a warm-up with Codi. Nick was her bf. we used the light from the sun shining through the window to wake up our bodies. We scooted luxuriously into a contact/cuddle puddle where I found miss Minna from Finland. We morphed together. Most of the jams are silent && then they have ecstatic dance parties with music.
When it was winding to an end at the end, she had her arm accross my side with her hand on my lower stomach. I growled softly like a tiger && her laugh was so genuinely beautiful.
Another guy named johnathan was holding my hand && my legs were sprawled out on others.
My back was to Mina and at some point I was kind of in the fetal position, until I let my legs hang off of her body.
I kept thinking how grateful I was for the people around me and the experience I was having.
A friend brought his mandarin in while we were in cuddle position and Mina started singing softly in her language.
It was inspiring to know that this same woman gave me a hard time when I didn't catch on fast enough to the way that we were washing the silver wear. She made me feel a little intimidated but I remained calm && collected. It was just nice that even after that first impression I made on her that she could have so much love for me through her touch that I was feeling. There was a time that I took to introduce myself when we were in the bathroom to break the ice.
She likes to journal so it reminded me while I was hugging her that I wanted to write about meeting her.
Enlightened state of being for the benefit of all mankind|~
12-30-14
Moti gave me a one on one as well as zig zag~ they both went great.
Stephen Katz was rad.
Thoughts about good looking people being discriminated sometimes for no reason.
12:12
Tomorrow will be 2015 which adds up to 8. Infinity
11-31-14
Dreamed a dream
We have a silent morning here all day until lunch! It's so beautiful~~,
Lunch-helping with the Earthdance ritual NYE
Earthdance Essence ~~
We had a circle with everyone in the umbrella barn that we all shared anything special with the group. The very first girl brought up being primitive && being able to act in that way with dancers here in the community.
Being able to have so much human contact with people is really incredible. We need touched.
Another man said he prefers calling us dancing mammals && it makes him feel better. : )
without all of the distractions, living together!
It brought tears of relief to my eyes. Relief that we coexist in this thing and it's fucking sensational.
Got to do a little bit of back to back energy work with a man named David who then introduced me to some acro yoga that turned my world upside down! I needed it. My back was a little bit sore.
He had me put my legs in a straddle position && put his feet where my psoas muscles are. He did a spinal twist, a spine stretch, && a relaxation pose where I hung upside down with my feet touching where I could see them through my legs.
The water stopped working yesterday (12-30-14)while we all stayed calm && grateful, using buckets to flush the toilets.
It never worried me too much.
It helps to remind you what is important.
Said Michael.
NYE
Distillation stations:
Meditation
Body work
Writing (your calling for existence)
To be burned in the fire.
Distillation
- 2.the extraction of the essential meaning or most important aspects of something."the film is a distillation of personal experiences"
Things to remember:
•3 tubs for washing dishes
(Soap, sponge| water rinse | water soak)
Then a rack that goes straight into sanitizer.
•9 mountain rents out for retreats.
Hilary is part owner.
•everyone has a volunteer chore but are encouraged to help where you can!
•library upstairs with body work/meditation rooms.
12-31-14
During the ritual we were asked to contemplate essence. Using my thinking mind, I realized was not going to work, but still tried to come up with an answer of what my essence would be. My eyes were closed kneeling on a pillow in the ambiant atmosphere of the square barn.
The quote "you don't solve problems with the thinking mind, that just creates more problems" ran through my head and reminded me to relax and it would come to me.
Sure enough my roommate Derek came over to the bodywork station where a few of us were transferring our energy just by placing our hands on someone's back for a long period. Earlier he had said something about us all being energy. So through that experience, my essence came to me.
There was a point where I thought about animal being it. I figured that essence is intrinsic and the most instinctual part of you. Which I don't think is far off because of leela //the playful dream I had and all the playfulness that was surrounding the new year coming.
We also were asked what was calling us into the new before we entered the umbrella barn at midnight.
01-01-15
Earthdance is, in my opinion, an undercover eating disorder treatment center.
I really hope that this is my destiny because it's anything I could dream of to shape my life direction. Nature's got it surrounded opposed to being in the city where an outpatient program is usually located.(considering insurance coverage for treatment, as well as the prequalofication of already going into an outpatient treatment center makes it difficult to land yourself in the secluded facilities that are engaged with wilderness. I've been to two treatment centers and loved them. It's the leaving that makes it hard, but here you are living as you would be on your own while practicing mindfulness, eating organically at each meal time in a safe environment, getting enough rest to wake up early, and you don't even realize you're healing yourself.
When youre admit into treatment it feels like you're putting life on hold. Even though the paradox is that the eating disorder is the real thing stifling you, it's hard to stop everything you care about doing to get better which is a very scary idea for someone in the depths of struggle. For instance, you'd have to stop going to college, dancing, and any exercising for that matter. You can't even work while doing it especially if you're doing inpatient. But, here you can be a volunteer for stay instead of spending your life savings, or taking out loans that will stress you out even more during the process. Which would be ideal to eliminate excess conflict for obvious reasons.
I tried to be completely honest in treatment, which is not an easy task and it would be rare if someone could be given the circumstances and fear of judgement or change. But not being able to exercise, let alone dance for 3-6 months is just not going to happen. Not only is it not going to happen, but it sure as hell is not going to happen while I'm eating an intense amount of balanced meals that I'm not used to eating.. LOL
Earthdance is a way to get the nutrients you need provided to you, pick your own portions, while still being able to educate yourself, stay active with your passion for dancing, and learn how to live ecologically, most importantly, in a community of like minded individuals!
At the meals, the ingredients is given to you, but it's up to you to make the choice to eat and digest it. You choose the amount, whether it's rationed or if you overloaded.
It's very easy to make those right choices in such a supportive environment though, which is the beauty of it. There is a community setting so you learn to eat around others in the public setting. Eating meals with people is not by any means easy for people who struggle mentally with feeding themselves. Especially when everyone in the room is aware you have that struggle. There can be some positive aspects to sharing that struggle with the lunch table too but I favor the positive setting where the problem is not the focus, but more so the solution.
They also set out bread that is sweet, and delicious. Since we as a community care about the earth, there is no wasting. So people will cut off a little piece and save the rest there for the next person. The same goes for fruit or rice cakes and other snacks.
It's perfect for someone who doesn't dare let them self eat something scary like desert because you can just taste it and you're still making the choice on your own not to over eat it be ause it doesn't go anywhere. It stays out for anyone else who wants it or if you decided you want more.
I love sharing in general anyway. The earth shares with us and we ought to be kind<~ : )
Staying active in your passion for dancing is very crucial in the healing process for a dancer suffering with eating/body image issues. It's what we love and keeps our zest for life going. If you have to put dancing in college on hold to go into a facility, it's going to feel like you're headed in the wrong direction for your soul even though you realize it could definitely be the right decision in retrospect.
Another benefit is that they have times for the classes but your not required to show up, nor are you required to get judged or critiqued. You don't have the fear of passing, just the inspiration of success. You just get positive enforcement and the freedom to fly.
I won't go into all of the details about contact in this section, but contact improvisation is so much more welcoming, racially/gender accepted, supportive, and incorporates touch. College dance setting's include mostly ladies with the acception of one or two males. Dancers are surprisingly not the fondest of human touch. It's apart of it, but were trained in environments that separate us from the others and it would lower our social rank, or something silly if we were to touch anyone in our class or most for that matter. Even just the amount of touch integrated in those types of class settings doesn't even come close. It doesn't matter if it was a contact improv class either because people are just not comfortable. Society tells you not to be.
Since the time I fractured two vertebrates in my spine, and left college there's been a need for structure in my life. I don't feel fulfilled when I don't have some type of schedule to follow && refrain from distractions my analytical mind allowed to flow. I've struggled with letting the amount of knowledge and inspiration that college curriculum gives me, go. Also, the atmosphere of being around other people categorized by interest is helpful to be around everyday. If I'm not integrated, I withdrawl myself from other people much of the time.
Anyway, being here is all in one.
The notion that paying for in house treatment is less desirable than living well while volunteering your time is the same concept when dealing with college tuition and the amount of money it costs to stay in a dorm room or to get an apartment.
Road thought
"Stealing is stealing, whether it's corporate or a thug..."
Wake up in your dream~|,
Dedicate one day to
•music/frequencies
Steve Paxton
Helix rolls
This was my dream 'list' that made
At Earthdance
Who I dream of
wish that you could see
Thought that golden butterfly post was holding possible neg energy for you Doubting myself doubted myself
.....😔don't doubt yiurself.
We’ll start with a skeleton of a schedule, and as we go we’ll all put our heads and our hearts together to fill in the blanks. If you have an idea, bring it. If you have a desire, speak it. If you want to teach a class, offer it. If you want to learn something new, ask and someone might make it happen. We want your ideas, your expertise, your curiosity, your not-knowing, your willingness, your body, your creativity and your heart. Bring it all!Welcome mail -->>_michael && Johanna~~~
Appreciate silence so much. Spent the first 3 months of this year being quiet && alone. not verbally speaking out loud to anyone. My roommate had to adjust but it's really glorious being without talking. ...continued this the rest of the year but had to make a few exceptions.


No comments:
Post a Comment